Friday, February 25, 2011

won ton chicken tacos









When I saw this recipe I knew my kids would enjoy making them and eating them too.  The tacos were a BIG success and were declared Hall of Fame!

won ton chicken tacos (adapted from blog: See Jane in the Kitchen)
1 cup shredded chicken breasts
4 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup salsa
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
1 package won tons
oil for frying


Drain chicken and mix with cream cheese, salsa and seasonings. Place about 2 teaspoons of mixture on won ton and fold into a triangle (wet the edges and seal by pinching or running your finger along edges). Fry in hot oil until light golden brown, they are done fast. Serve with salsa, sour cream and/or guacamole.

What I have to say- I set out bowls of sliced green onion and sliced olives so my kiddos could add them to their individual won tons. Next time I will add green chiles to the mix!

4 comments:

  1. I love this blog! Thank you for posting new, practical recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these last night because I had leftover won ton wrappers. My kids LOVED it! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's so fun to hear from you. Glad they were a hit at your house too! I'll be making your salmon recipe on Sunday, can't wait! You have so many good ones!

    ReplyDelete