Monday, February 28, 2011

katie's make ahead meatballs









When my friend Katie came over for lunch today she brought some meatballs for me to sample. I was going to wait to post them until I post her amazing marinara sauce recipe but I couldn't wait. They are delicious. Full of flavor! She used red onion in the meatballs I sampled today and I'll do the same. I want mine to taste just like what I had this afternoon.

make ahead meatballs (my friend and visiting teacher Katie)
4 eggs
2 cups dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 pounds lean ground beef

In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add the next five ingredients. Add beef; mix well. Shape into 1-inch balls, about 12 dozen. Place in single layers on baking pans. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink: drain. Cool. Place about 30 meatballs into freezer containers. Maybe frozen up to 3 months. Yields 5 batches about 30 balls per batch.
Making meatballs of equal size: Lightly pat meat mixture into a 1-inch-thick rectangle. Cut the rectangles into the same number of squares at meat balls in the recipe. Gently roll each square into a ball. Presto!

No comments:

Post a Comment