Thursday, February 10, 2011

smoked turkey sandwich with chipotle mayo










Now this is a sandwich! It's so good I just had to have two then ran out of turkey so I couldn't have another then another (I had mine without the top just to justify the ability to have more than one). The chipotle mayo takes a regular turkey sandwich and pushes it over the top. Way over. Mmmm! I wish my friend Karen would've been here to make my lemon water. She makes the best lemon water.

smoked turkey sandwich with chipotle mayo
(Fitness Magazine, January 2011)
1/4 cup mayonnaise (I used light mayo)
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon scallions, chopped
1 tablespoon chipotle chiles in adobo
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 slices whole grain bread
3 ounces smoked turkey
1 slice cheddar cheese
4 slices cucumber
1 cup shredded romaine lettuce

Blend together mayo with cilantro, scallions, chiles and lime juice. Spread 1/2 tablespoon chipotle mayo on 2 slices whole-grain bread. Top 1 slice with turkey, cheese, cucumber and lettuce. Top with remaining bread slice. Makes 1 sandwich. But you'll want to eat two, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment