Monday, February 14, 2011

cajun chicken pasta









 

The cajun chicken pasta was perfect and we enjoyed every bite. I declare it a Hall of Fame. Can we have dinner all over again?? You've got to try this one!

cajun chicken pasta
(blog: or so she says)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin
linguine noodles
4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
2 thinly sliced green onions
4 cups heavy whipping cream
4 tablespoons chopped sun dried tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 to 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese

Toss chicken in cajun seasoning. Oil pan and cook until done. Reduce heat and add all the additional ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer until thickened. Serve over linguine, sprinkled with Parmesan.

What I have to say- the 4 cups of whipping cream scared me a little bit. No doubt whipping cream is to-die-for but I had to cut it down quite a bit just for peace of mind. I only used a half cup and it was still fabulous.

3 comments:

  1. I made this tonight--YUM!!!! Like you, I couldn't go with the 4 c of whipping cream...I used about a cup of 1/2 & 1/2 and some skim milk...will definitely make again--Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you tried it and liked it! I might try your 1/2 & 1/2 with skim milk idea. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had this for dinner tonight. It was sooo good! Thanks for sharing another great recipe. -Laura

    ReplyDelete