Monday, February 7, 2011

millionaires









 

Use Leigh Anne's delicious caramel to create her Millionaires. They remind me of a 10,000 bar and I love those. 

leigh anne's caramel (homebasedmom.com)
2 cups sugar
1 cup light Karo syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups cream (one at a time)
1 cube butter (1/2 cup)

Mix together sugar, Karo, 1 cup cream and butter. Cook to 240 degrees. Stir so that mixture does not burn. Add vanilla and second cup of cream. Bring to 240 again. Pour into a glass dish (I used plastic) and cool. Leigh Anne notes that this takes a long time but is worth it.

To make millionaires Leigh Anne says, "Once caramel has cooled a bit but not set up you can pour it over rice krispies- just eye balls the amount. If the caramel sets up too much just zap it in the microwave for a few minutes. Make a little nest out of the caramel and rice krispie mixture and make an indentation in the middle. Melt chocolate and fill the hole in the middle."

What I have to say- to use the entire batch of caramel, I'd have needed an entire box of rice krispies. I think someone had eaten a bowl of rice krispies before I got to the box so I was short a bit, hence the different shape than what Leigh Anne recommended. It ended up being okay. I did have to run my hands under a stream of water to avoid everything sticking to my hands and fingers. Perhaps a few more rice krispies would've solved that problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment