Sunday, February 6, 2011

jam pastry roll-ups









 

I had a couple ready-to-bake pie crusts hanging out in my fridge so decided to put them to use. My girls and I decided to make something called jam pastry roll-ups. You can use any kind of homemade jam you'd like. We decided to use blueberry jam because it is seedless.

jam pastry roll-ups (me and my girls)
1 ready-to-bake 9-inch pie crust (the kind you unroll)
homemade blueberry jam
powdered sugar

Bring your crust to room temperature by letting stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes. Unroll crust on your counter or large cutting board. Using a pizza cutter, slice across the dough as you would a pizza, into 8 triangles. Place a teaspoon of jam in the center of each triangle. Roll up up as you would a crescent.
Bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Let cool then dust with powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment