Monday, April 4, 2011

asian cabbage salad









This is a really yummy salad. I enjoy it as a side alongside my friend Mandy's kaluha pork or if you want to enjoy it as a main dish, you can add shredded chicken.  To cut back on carbs I often omit the noodles but you can always add some celery for extra crunch.


asian cabbage salad (my friend Erin B. in Hershey)
1 package coleslaw mix
1 small head purple cabbage, shredded
2 green onions, sliced
2 large chicken breasts (cooked and shredded), optional
1 package chicken flavored Ramen noodles
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
3 tablespoons sugar
6-8 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/2 cup oil (I usually halve)

Put coleslaw mix, cabbage, onions, and chicken breasts into bowl. Set aside. Mix sugar, rice vinegar, oil, seasoning packet from the Ramen noodles, and a little salt and pepper in a bowl. Bread up Ramen noodles. Put dressing mixture, Ramen noodles and almonds on salad just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment