Wednesday, April 13, 2011

no bake peanut butter pie













We made one pie for good luck for my husband who takes arguably the most difficult exam of his life tomorrow morning. We made the other for our neighbor friend Shannon who simply deserved a special treat. She has gone above and beyond the call of friendship in so many ways during a busy time for our family. She gave us her house key so that we could let ourselves in her home during showings at any time. She offered to take me and our kids to the airport at 6am when it comes time to fly out since we have to leave before my husband. She always lets my 3-year old come over to play and my daughter always eats her out of house and home. Never once has she let on that we've been an inconvenience and I'm sure we have been...there's a lot of us and we're a busy bunch! Besides, I'm sure she's had things to do. Everyone is busy. When I say thank you she always says, "That's what friends are for." Thank you, Shannon!!

no bake peanut butter pie (allrecipes.com)
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup milk
16 ounces frozen whipped cream topping, thawed
2 (9-inch) prepared graham cracker crusts
chocolate sauce for drizzling

Beat together cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Mix in peanut butter and milk. Beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into two 9-inch graham cracker pie shells; cover, and freeze until firm.

What I have to say- this recipe reminds me of a recipe we really liked from Cooking Light. The ingredients were similar but light cream cheese, reduced fat peanut butter and light whipped cream was used. It also called for a layer of sliced bananas on top of the crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment