Tuesday, April 5, 2011

lemon squares









I've always loved lemon squares. I love the sugary sweetness and how they melt in my mouth. They make me think of spring and tea parties and pretty things. My oldest needed to take a treat to school today for a class pizza party and this is what we decided on.

lemon squares
2 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 pound butter
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons lemon juice

Mix 2 cups flour with powdered sugar. Cut in butter. Press into 9x13 pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes.
Beat 4 eggs; add 2 cups sugar, 4 tablespoons flour and lemon juice. Pour over baked crust. Bake 25-30 minutes at 325 F. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Allow to cool. Cut into squares.

1 comment:

  1. Great minds think alike . . . I just made these last week for the 1st time in YEARS. SOOO yummy! They just make me think of spring :)

    ReplyDelete