Friday, May 20, 2011

tortilla pizza









 

My kids love pizza. Any kind of pizza, really, except they never really liked English muffin pizzas. They've always loved tortilla pizzas so I thought I should add this to our family's collection of recipes. It's a quick and easy go-to lunch and I know they will eat every bite.

tortilla pizza
2 tortillas
couple spoonfuls of pizza sauce
handful of mozzarella cheese
6-7 slices of pepperoni

Place a tortilla in a grill pan. Spread one spoonful of sauce over the tortilla. Sprinkle a half handful of cheese on top. Place pepperoni slices on top of cheese. Sprinkle a half handful of cheese over the pepperoni. Before placing the second tortilla on top, spread a spoonful of pizza sauce on it.
Turn the stove on to medium low and flip halfway through.

What I have to say- if we're short on time I make "pizza pinwheels". I use one tortilla and place it on a dinner plate. I add the sauce, cheese and pepperoni on it. I put the plate in the microwave for about 45 seconds. I roll up the tortilla and cut it into little finger-sized pinwheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment