Tuesday, May 31, 2011

rio shredded pork









My friend Leslie made this pork for our dinner last night and she's an excellent cook. It is delicious! It's tender, sweet and rich and is excellent in tortillas or in a salad, just how Cafe Rio does it.

rio shredded pork (my friend Leslie)
1 cup salsa
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sprite or coke
3 pounds pork tenderloins, pork loin or other pork roast

Combine first three ingredients and pour over roast. Cook in crock pot on low for 6-8 hours. Shred meat for serving.

3 comments:

  1. I've tried to post this several times, but Blogger is being difficult! I loved this recipe; it was so good! I shared it on my blog and linked back to you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again! Do you think ginger ale would work too? I am trying to decide how I want to serve it though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a good question. I suppose if you can use Sprite you could use ginger ale.

    ReplyDelete