Thursday, May 26, 2011

chicken salad tea sandwiches









My friend Laura made these sandwiches for Melissa's baby shower. They were delicious. On the way home my oldest said, "Those chicken sandwiches were so good! I ate like 40 of them."

chicken salad tea sandwiches (my friend Laura)
picked chicken from large rotisserie chicken, chopped in food processor
10 sweet gherkins pickles, chopped finely
3-4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
a few dashes of salt
pepper
3 big scoops of mayonnaise, maybe 6 tablespoons
1 small onion, chopped finely
a splash of lemon juice, maybe 2 teaspoons

Combine all ingredients and chill until ready to spread on sandwiches. Laura used half wheat bread and half rye bread.

Note from Laura: She would have added chopped celery but didn't have any.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to mention - I served this on rye bread. That really adds some flavor! -Laura

    ReplyDelete