Friday, May 27, 2011

garlic chicken farfalle









This is a great recipe and I have my friend Erin K. to thank. When I told her I needed to cook for a big group last summer she suggested I make this recipe.

garlic chicken farfalle (Portland Mama)
16 ounces farfalle pasta
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3-4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon pepper (I used about half of this)
1/2 cup butter
1 pound bacon, crumbled
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 (12 ounce) bottle Lawry's mesquite marinade with lime juice

Place chicken in crock pot with bottle of marinade on low for 6 hours. Pull marinated chicken out of the juices, allow to cool a little bit and shred. Set this aside. About a half hour before serving, boil the pasta. In a small saucepan, melt butter, add garlic, whipping cream, pepper, cheese and bacon. Whisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes. In a large bowl, pour over cooked, drained pasta, add chicken and stir though. Sprinkle a little bit more shredded Parmesan cheese on top.

1 comment:

  1. This really should be in the Hall of Fame! It's one of my favorites. I love making it for friends now, too, and they always rave about it! I'm so glad you shared this when Cody was born. -Laura

    ReplyDelete