Saturday, May 14, 2011

pool party cake









My oldest daughter is celebrating her birthday with a big pool party. We went online hoping to find a totally awesome cake and this is exactly what she wanted. It was a blast to make.
Did I tell you I do not like pool parties if I have to put my entire body in the pool? I must love her a lot. A lot lot because I anticipate having to get into a cold pool. Brrrrr....
This summer we'll be at the pool everyday for six weeks of swimming lessons. Fortunately I will be pool side or enjoying the zero entry pool getting only my feet wet and possibly my knees.

pool party cake (idea from FamilyFun.com)
1 white cake mix
1 container white icing
1/2 container chocolate icing
2 packages Keebler wafer cookies
blue food coloring
2 big gumballs
2 umbrellas
2 gummy rings
Polly Pocket dolls

Bake two round cakes as directed on the box. Place one cake round on a tray. Use some white icing to cover the round and place the other on top. Spread the chocolate icing around the sides of the cake. Place the wafer cookies around the sides of the cake. Mix some blue food coloring into the rest of the white icing and ice the top of the cake. Use lots of icing. Use the back of a spoon to to make decorative waves by pressing the spoon into the icing then back out again. Place gumballs, umbrellas, gummy rings and dolls into the cake as desired.

4 comments:

  1. It's awesome!! Happy Birthday Meredith!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOO STINKIN' CUUUUTE! Happy Birthday Meredith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute!!! 3rd Birthday Pool Party for Granddaughter coming up!
    I love it! ;-) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete