Friday, May 6, 2011

santa fe chicken









With so much leftover food from last night's Cinco de Mayo feast I thought I should continue the theme for tonight. I love the jalapenos in this dish. Spicy and yummy! This recipe is dedicated to my sister who is moving from Santa Fe in a couple weeks.

santa fe chicken (my friend Annie)
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken
1 can diced jalapenos
1/2 cup sour cream (I used light)
1 can sliced olives, divided
4 green onions, chopped and divided
baked tortilla chips (I used Doritos the last time I made this)
8 ounces Monterrey Jack cheese

Brown chicken in olive oil for 15 minutes (this time I thawed some shredded chicken and used it). Shred chicken; reserve chicken broth. Combine soup, sour cream, broth, jalapenos, 1/2 can olives, and 1/2 onions. Add chicken. Layer tortilla chips, chicken mixture and cheese. Top with remaining olives and onions. Bake for 25 minutes at 350.

What I have to say- even more delicious with a dollop of guacamole dip on top!

1 comment:

  1. I just read the ingredient for this to my hubby and he said 'bookmark it' :)

    ReplyDelete