Thursday, May 19, 2011

cheesy chicken









Attention cheese lovers. This chicken is what it says it is. It was really yummy. Really easy and yummy. My family enjoyed their chicken with mashed potatoes but I enjoyed mine with quinoa. The cashews in this dish are a must!

cheesy chicken (blog: Home Based Mom)
8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/3 stick butter
2 ounces whole cashews
1 pound grated Monterrey Jack cheese

sauce
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/3 can beef broth
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon parsley flakes

Melt butter in a 9x13 dish. Lay chicken over butter. Cover with 3/4 of sauce. Bake 1 hour at 325. Add the rest of the sauce and cashews. Top with cheese. Turn oven off. Leave in oven for 5 more minutes.

What I have to say- I threw some mushrooms in and was glad I did. They were super flavorful. I happened to eat every last one of them in the entire dish. Maybe my husband got one or two. That's if he was lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment