Wednesday, May 25, 2011

pink lemonade cupcakes









When I saw these cupcakes I knew I had to make them for something special. Today is that day! My neighbor friends and I are honoring our friend Melissa with a tea party baby shower at the park this afternoon and these should fit the theme quite well. They are dainty and girly and yes, they are quite pink.

pink lemonade cupcakes (blog: Amy's Cooking Adventures)
1 package white cake mix
1 small package instant lemon pudding, 4 serving size
1/4 cup presweetened pink lemonade mix
1 cup milk
1 cup canola oil
4 egg whites
10 drops red food coloring

Preheat oven to 325. Line two muffin tins with paper liners.
Combine all ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase to medium speed and beat for another 2 minutes.
Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centers of the cupcakes comes out clean. Cool completely. Makes 24 cupcakes.

pink lemonade frosting (my friend Nikki P.)
Don't do what I did and use presweetened pink lemonade mix in your icing. It turned out grainy. Instead, use my friend Nikki's pink lemonade icing recipe! Here it is:

3 cups powdered sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons pink lemonade concentrate
powdered sugar
red food coloring


4 comments:

  1. I have a recipe which calls for frozen lemonade concentrate that works well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you please send that recipe my way?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were beautiful cupcakes! The kids ate them up so quickly, I didn't get to try one! -Laura

    ReplyDelete