Tuesday, May 10, 2011

caprese burger









I've been in the mood for a burger and this one looked perfect for tonight. It was! The marinated tomatoes on top of this burger made it Hall of Fame! My youngest daughter said, "This is yummiest dinner in the whole world!" and she ate her entire burger. You won't be disappointed by this burger.

caprese burger (allrecipes.com)
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (I used half the amount)
salt and pepper to taste
4 thick slices tomato
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/4 cup pesto sauce
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 ounces fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
4 hamburger buns, split

Whisk the balsamic vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over tomato slices to marinate. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
Mix ground beef, tomato paste, pesto, Parmesan cheese, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Form beef mixture into 4 equal patties.
Cook on the preheated grill until the burgers are cooked to your desired degree of doneness, about 5 minutes per side for well done.
Top each burger with mozzarella cheese; allow to melt. Serve on hamburger buns with marinated tomato slices.

What I have to say- I was sure glad I doubled the amount of tomatoes I needed. Next time I will marinate some rings of red onion along with the tomato!


No comments:

Post a Comment