Friday, January 7, 2011

roasted tomato-and-feta shrimp









Hall of Fame!  I don’t even know where to begin. This dish is absolutely delightful and oh so delicious. It was a dish I predicted to be so good that I got up on a chair to get this bowl down from on top of my cabinets. The perfect dish from which to serve a perfect shrimp dish.

roasted tomato-and-feta shrimp (Southern Living Magazine, December 2010)

2 pints grape tomatoes

3 garlic cloves, sliced (I used minced)

3 tablespoons olive oil

1 teaspoon kosher salt

½ teaspoon pepper

1 ½ pounds peeled and deveined, medium-size raw shrimp (31/40 count)

½ cup chopped jarred roasted red bell peppers

½ cup chopped fresh parsley

1 (4 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese*

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Crusty French bread, sliced (I made mama d's italian bread)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place tomatoes and next 4 ingredients in a 13x9 inch baking dish, tossing gently to coat. Bake 15 minutes. Stir in shrimp and peppers. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Toss with parsley, feta cheese, and lemon juice. Serve immediately with crusty French bread.

What I have to say- definitely serve immediately while hot so this may not be the best dish if you're waiting for someone to come home from work. It cools quickly.

*My neighbor recently said she likes to get feta cheese from the salad bar at the deli so she can pay half of what it would cost prepackaged. She does the same for chopped bacon to eliminate the mess of cooking it herself. Great idea!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how I wish my family would eat this....too much work for just me, but they wouldn't touch this. Sad, sad. It looks FABULOUS. Maybe someday we'll get together again, and we can have it together? One can dream, right?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...so now you're approving my comments, too? Should I be offended??

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Maybe"? We are definitely getting together again and I'm not sure what we'll eat but it's guaranteed to be delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yes, I'm approving your comments. As long as you refrain from being too sassy.

    ReplyDelete