Tuesday, January 4, 2011

asian cabbage salad










This salad is so easy and it’s one of my very favorites- it tingles your taste buds a little bit. We had a friend over to dinner the last time I made it and he said it had the perfect balance of flavors and my husband agreed wholeheartedly. Save yourself some time and trouble by using Dole’s Classic Coleslaw instead of shredding the cabbage and stripping the carrots (especially if you have a baby attached to your left hip).

asian cabbage salad (Real Simple Magazine, January 2010)
4 cups shredded Napa Cabbage
4 scallions, sliced
2 large carrots, cut into thin strips
1 cup cilantro
1/3 cup rice vinegar (I used Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar- Roasted Garlic)
3 tablespoons oil (I used half the amount)
Salt and pepper to season
Toss all together and season with salt and pepper (I used ¼ teaspoon of each).

What I have to say- I prefer this salad at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment