Thursday, January 6, 2011

black bean soup





I had planned on serving this with fajitas tonight but the kids came home from schools starving. They devoured the soup and my oldest even kissed her fingers to show me her delight (she loves soup in general). I guess they won’t need fajitas tonight. Good, more for me.

black bean soup (my friend Amy in New Hampshire)
2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup jarred salsa (I used homemade)
1 ½ cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
1 ½ teaspoons cumin
Blend all ingredients in blender or food processor. Transfer to saucepan and heat thoroughly. Serve with sour cream and tortilla chips. Makes 5 cups, serves 4.
What I have to say- this soup is a breeze to make and so healthy! I can't believe I haven't made it in so long. Make sure you use a salsa that you love. The homemade salsa I used is fabulous and I'll share the recipe when salsa season arrives...not for a while, unfortunately.


2 comments:

  1. so easy and so good!! guess I know what's for dinner at my house tonight ;-)

    ReplyDelete