Wednesday, January 19, 2011

perfect chocolate chip cookies









After having too many failed attempts at chocolate chip cookies, I stopped making them all together. I decided to try them again, hoping that indeed this is the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. I think it would’ve been perfect if I hadn’t been so nervous that I didn’t add the egg until I added the flour and baking soda- oops! Not my favorite way to start the morning. My friend Mandy got this recipe from a friend who worked at a bakery. She says to be exact in your measurements and omit the salt if you are using salted butter. There you have it: the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. To see her beautiful, perfect cookies, you can go to her food blog and take a peek, and to get her high-altitude recipe.

perfect chocolate chip cookies (my friend Mandy in CO)

2 sticks butter

¾ cup granulated sugar

¾ cup brown sugar

1 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon vanilla

1 egg

2 ¼ cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 ½ cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whip butter until creamy, then add sugar and beat. Add salt, vanilla and egg. Sift flour and soda then add to mixture. Bake 8-10 minutes until edges are barely brown.

What I have to say- we miss you, Mandy! My girls ask every day if after we move we’ll be closer. Yes, we’ll be closer but not close enough. Thanks for all the play dates and for all the chocolate chip cookies you fed my girls.

2 comments:

  1. These taste absolutely perfect, but came out flat and goofy looking. Not sure what I did wrong...but I figure since I'm close to perfect, flat, and goofy looking, too, who am I to judge? Loved, loved, LOVED them. John and the girls have been raving as well. I'll make them again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Erin! I wish I could tell you why they turned out flat and goofy looking because then I could make perfect cookies every time too. Mandy, who shared this recipe with me and the rest of the world would be happy to answer your question, I'm sure. From what I can tell, she answers everyone's questions. I posted her link. Let me know what she says!

    ReplyDelete