Monday, December 26, 2011

tricolor tortellini salad









When I started teaching in the state of California I was hired with an emergency credential with the intention of becoming credentialed in that state.  I decided to take coursework in reading instruction and ended up enrolling in that master's program with my mom!  All of us were working during the day and taking our courses in the afternoon/evening so often times our instructor would let us bring in dishes to share.  One gal brought in this dish and I said to my mom, "I want this salad at my wedding!".  I think I may have met my husband several weeks prior to this comment and the sweet girl whose heart he broke a couple months previously was in a master's program just down the hall!  I remember feeling really guilty when I used a pay phone to call him and she walked past.  It turns out we did end up serving this salad at our wedding about a year and a half later.


tricolor tortellini salad
2 package (10 ounces each) tricolor tortellini
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
2 green onions, cut into 2" pieces
2 tablespoons parsley
1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup champagne vinegar
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
8 ounces feta cheese
1/3 cup sliced black olives


Cook tortellini as directed on package.  Drain and cool.
Chop basil, onions, parsley and dill and place in a blender.  Add salt, pepper, oil and vinegar.  Process until well blended.  Toss tortellini with dressing, tomatoes, cheese and olives.  Refrigerate until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment