Monday, December 12, 2011

pumpkin spice steamer (steamed milk drinks)












This year I couldn't wait to give my husband his birthday present.  On our first date he took me to a symphony followed by steamed milk at a little corner cafe on a busy street in his funky college town.  I'd never had steamed milk before but I liked it and I certainly enjoyed being with him, chatting in a cafe.  It sort of felt like we should have the starring roles in a romantic movie.
I thought I'd have to buy an appliance that would cost a few hundred dollars to create a frothy drink at home- I am pleased to report that I was wrong.  I saw this post and knew I had my answer.  This aerolatte is awesome!  We spent the morning drinking all sorts of fluffy, frothy drinks, both hot and cold.  Mmmmm!  The following recipe is great...or you could use Almond Roca syrup with whipped cream and chocolate sauce drizzled on top!

pumpkin spice steamer (idea from blog: Your Home Based Mom)
milk
pumpkin spice syrup
whipped cream
caramel sauce
aerolatte (I got my husband's at amazon.com or Bed, Bath and Beyond has them!)

In a latte cup (now I know I need to pick those up!), fill 1/3 full with milk.  Warm in the microwave if you'd like your drink warm or hot.  Add some syrup then use your aerolatte to foam it up.  Top with whipped cream and caramel sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment