Saturday, December 10, 2011

leslie's italian soup









Absolutely delicious!  Leslie sent this recipe as a bonus along with a roll recipe that I requested and said "You will thank me for this one.  It's awesome."  She's totally right.  She said it's huge so either freeze some or give some to lots of friends.  Yes, it's huge but no, I'm not sharing.  My family loves soup.  We're going to eat the whole batch ourselves...but don't feel too bad because now you have the recipe so you can go and make yourself some.  Big hit!

leslie's italian soup (my friend Leslie S.)
2 pounds Italian sausage
2 cups chopped onion
2 tablespoons garlic

12 cups beef broth
2 cups chopped carrots
2 cups chopped zucchini
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon basil
16 ounces tomato sauce
4 cups tortellini

Brown sausage with onion and garlic in a very large pot.  Drain (oops! didn't see that part).  Then add broth, vegetables, spices and tomato sauce.  Simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.  Then add tortellini. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese

1 comment:

  1. I should have grabbed that zucchini I was debating at the store today. Darn, I have everything else and this looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete