Friday, December 16, 2011

hello dolly cookies









This is another cookie my grandma always made at Christmastime.  It's super yummy!  This cookie reminds me of my Grandma's and Grandpa's love for both Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton.  They used to take me places in their VW Westfalia and pop in cassette tapes and hum along while we drove down the highway.  My personal favorite was always The Gambler.  I cherish those simple memories.

hello dolly cookies (my grandma Betty Mae)
1 stick butter
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 (6 ounce ) package chocolate chips
1 cup shredded coconut
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Melt butter in a 9x9-inch baking pan.  Layer the rest of the ingredients and pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top.  Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until light brown.

What I have to say- I doubled the recipe and put it in a 9x13.  Baking time was the same.

2 comments:

  1. Now these look delish. I will definitely be trying them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love these. -Laura H.

    ReplyDelete