Wednesday, December 14, 2011

grandma's peanut butter cookies

















My grandma made these peanut butter cookies every year at Christmastime.  They are delicious!  She always used Skippy peanut butter and that's what was in our pantry while growing up and that's what is in my pantry now.  Some things never change.  I am baking like crazy and plan to send all of Grandma's favorites to my family just in time for Christmas.


grandma's peanut butter cookies (my grandma Betty Mae)
Mix together:
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
Stir in:
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt


Chill cough.  Roll into balls the size of large walnuts.  Place 3 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheet.  Flatten with fork- criosscross.  Bake until set but not hard at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment