Saturday, December 10, 2011

curried chicken salad










It just so happened I had all the ingredients on hand from plain shredded chicken to the cashews that I just picked up from Costco!  These delicious sandwiches should be served on croissants but I am on a whole wheat bagel kick so that's what I had and it was fabulous.

curried chicken salad (adapted from my cousin Emily)
4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
3/4 cup each mayonnaise (I used light) and Miracle Whip
1 teaspoon curry powder
salt and pepper to taste
cashews


Mix together chicken, parsley, green onions, mayo, Miracle Whip, curry powder and salt and pepper.  You can either add some cashews and serve right away or you can refrigerate it over night for more flavor.  Add cashews before serving (inside the chicken salad, on top or both!).


What I have to say- I like to cook my chicken in a slow cooker because I find that it always tastes better and is more tender than boiling it as the original recipe called for.  I also like to add the cashews right before serving so they stay crunchy and keep their flavor- another way I adjusted the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment