Tuesday, December 13, 2011

sundae with marshmallow peppermint sauce
























My oldest is loving life right now.  Smoothies, milkshakes, Bowl Noodle (her favorite soup), sodas and now a sundae with marshmallow peppermint sauce!  Oh I forgot to mention how comfortable she is on the couch watching movie after movie.  After having 6 teeth extracted this kid hasn't dozed off once.  Not once.  She's not going to sleep through two days out of school.  No way.  She's going to enjoy every minute of her time off.
This peppermint sauce is great and festive too!  I think the next time we try it we ought to pour it over some chocolate ice cream.  Is two sundaes in one day too much?  I think not.  Or try it on top of a gingerbread waffle.  Delightful!

sundae with marshmallow peppermint sauce (blogs: Taste and Tell and Cafe Zupas)
1 cup crushed candy canes
1 cup cream
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme

Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the candy canes have melted.  Sore in the refrigerator.  Serve over ice cream.  Makes about 1 1/2 cups.

What I have to say- it didn't get as thick as I wanted to I added about a tablespoon of  Wondra to thicken it up a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Camie! I made this tonight for family home evening treats. Soooo good the 2nd time too! Thanks for posting such great recipes (and making them for preschool - oh, we are spoiled!)

    ReplyDelete