Friday, December 16, 2011

bavarian mint fudge









I decided I needed another chocolatey minty treat to send to my niece who is serving a mission in Nebraska (one of the luxuries of a state-side mission- packages are easy to send!) so decided to try this recipe.  Am I glad I did!  This fudge is absolutely delicious.  My husband had a piece last night and said, "Wow this is good."  He had another piece today and his response was just as good.  I had almost forgotten that it was not his first time tasting it.  This fudge was a hit with the entire family!

bavarian mint fudge (Taste of Home)
1 1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 package milk chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
peppermint sugar sprinkles "sparkles" for the top

Line an 11x7-inch pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and remaining butter until smooth (I did this on the stove).  Stir in milk and extracts until well blended.  Spread into prepared pan.  Sprinkle with "sparkles".  Refrigerate until set.  Store in the refrigerator.  Yield: about 2 1/2 pounds

What I have to say- I was afraid this fudge wasn't going to turn out.  When I added the milk the fudge wanted to start setting right away!  I did my best to quickly get it into the pan and spread out.  This fudge got harder than any fudge I've ever made but if you leave it at room temperature before you cut it, it will soften perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment