Friday, December 16, 2011

mom's chocolate crinkle cookies









These are a variation of a choco-nut crinkle recipe my mom used to make.  They are a cinch to make and taste rich and chocolatey.  I decided to make these for my niece who is serving a mission in Nebraska.  When I asked her what she likes she said chocolate + mint.  I just got back from the post office where I sent a whole lot of Christmas Merry"mint".  I hope she has a sweet tooth!

mom's chocolate crinkle cookies (my mom)
1 chocolate cake mix
1 stick butter. melted
1 egg
1 tablespoon water
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or white or mint or butterscotch...)

In a bowl, combine chocolate cake mix, butter, egg and water.  Add 1 cup chocolate chips.  Form into 1-inch  balls and bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

What I have to say- my mom always used oil but I find that they stay fresh longer if you use butter instead.  This time I dipped the cookies in crushed candy canes before baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment