Wednesday, September 21, 2011

stuffed pasta shells









I wanted a hearty meal tonight and I didn't want to mess around.  We had grilled basil beef, stuffed pasta shells and leftover blue cheese pear salad with ginger pear coffee cake for dessert.  When I told my husband we were having a hearty dinner he responded, "That means it has sauce and cheese."  And meat!!!  This was a nice basic recipe.  If I want my kids to eat it then I'd better omit the spinach next time.

stuffed pasta shells (allrecipes.com)
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce or use homemade!

Combine cheeses and spinach; stuff into shells.  Arrange in a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.  Pour spaghetti sauce over the shells.  Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through. 

What I have to say- next time I'll add a little garlic powder and oregano to the cheese mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment