Thursday, September 29, 2011

chicken curry (or beef)









It always surprises me how flavorful this dish is each and every time I sit down to eat it.  I love it and the rest of my family enjoys it too.  I started making it as a beef curry dish as the recipe calls for but decided to try chicken and it turns out I just might prefer chicken although they're both great.  This was the first time I served this dish over mashed potatoes as I usually serve it over rice but again, I think I prefer the mashed potatoes.

chicken curry (my friend Bryn)
1 tablespoon flour
1 1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 pound cubed chicken (you can also use ground beef or steak)
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 beef bouillon cube
1 cup watere
2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt

Combine flour, salt and pepper.  Roll meat in flour mixture and brown the meat.  Add the rest of the ingredients and serve.

2 comments:

  1. Camie, I made this last night and it was yummy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple, and so good. I wanted an easy but tasty entree to serve with a zucchini salad, and this was perfect.

    ReplyDelete