Monday, September 26, 2011

apple brownies









I first tried these when my friend Mandy invited me to participate in a frozen meals swap.  I hadn't expected dessert along with the main dish but of course she was always going the extra mile and always full of delicious surprises.  These apple brownies are super good.  They are one of my very favorite things to make in the fall.   Our home smelled divine as I baked these and is starting to look like fall too as I've started collecting pumpkins and gourds.  I think pumpkins and gourds are so beautiful- the colors and shapes are so fun and I love that we can enjoy them through Thanksgiving then put them away only to replace them with Christmas! 

apple brownies (my friend Mandy)
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 large or 4 small apples, peeled and diced
granulated sugar for sprinkling on top after baking


Preheat oven to 350.  Choose your pan size: either a 9x13 or two pie pans or a pie pan and four mini-loaf pans.  Spray with nonstick cooking spray.  Cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and apples.  Mix well.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with sugar.


No comments:

Post a Comment