Thursday, September 29, 2011

spiced peach jam









This jam is my family's very favorite jam.
Spiced peach jam might be the second thing I learned to can.  When I learned this recipe I thought you had to peel the peaches because that's what Suzette taught me.  However, you do not need to peel the peaches.  Go ahead and put those peaches in the blender with the peel ON.  You will not be able to tell a difference.
This jam is perfect for fall because of the delicious, aromatic spices.  It's a jam you should have on the table at Thanksgiving beside warm, homemade dinner rolls.  It's good on a toasted English muffin with cream cheese too.

spiced peach jam (my friend Suzette)
4 cups peaches, peeled and mashed
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1 box powdered pectin
5 cups sugar

In large saucepan, mix well peaches, cloves, cinnamon, allspice, and pectin.  Bring to a full boil.  Add sugar and bring to full boil again for 1 minute.  Cool 5 minutes and skim.  Fill clean, warm jars and seal.  Process in a water bath for 10 minutes or steam for 15 minutes.
Makes 5-7 half pints.


1 comment:

  1. I am just pulling hot rolls out of the oven this morning and was thinking I should make some spiced peach jam!! This post must be a sign . . . I'm going to the store for peaches after this last batch gets out!!

    ReplyDelete