Thursday, September 1, 2011

hot fudge sauce









Suzette first shared this hot fudge recipe with me for an ice cream party I threw for my second daughter's 2nd birthday party.  I made this sauce again yesterday for my girls who threw an ice cream/pizza social before school starts next week.  They ate and played games and ran around the cul-de-sac playing truth or dare.  It was a fun group of kids and I found myself wanting to be a tween again (the oldest girls were 12).  They had a great time dancing the Macarena and the Chicken Dance on the corner of our street in front of passing cars.

Hot Fudge Sauce (my friend Suzette)
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 pinch salt
1/3 cup flour
2 cups milk
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla 

In a saucepan mix dry ingredients, add milk.  Begin cooking over medium heat and add butter.  Cook slowly until thick.  Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.  May be served hot or cold (thickens as it cools) and stored for up to a week in the refrigerator.

1 comment:

  1. Awww. I miss Suzette! She was my RS Enrichment buddy in crime :) And yes, she is an amazing crazy craft woman!

    ReplyDelete