Wednesday, September 28, 2011

hawaiian chicken and noodles









When my friend Shelli called and told me what she was having for dinner and asked if our family would like some too what do you think my response was?  You're right.  When she described this dish I knew I had had it before and was so excited to have it again.  She got the recipe from her mother-in-law and it tastes like Hawaiian comfort food.  It's very mild and soothing and my kids gobbled it right up.  The"recipe" isn't an exact recipe but this is how Shelli made this dish.

hawaiian chicken and noodles (my friend Shelli)
1 1/2 packages bean thread noodles
2-4 chicken breasts (you can use tenderloins or a combination)
chunk of ginger, peeled
2 cans chicken broth
3 chicken bouillon cubes
1 1/2 onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic

Soak bean thread noodles for 1-2 hours.  Cut each end with scissors.
Boil chicken breasts with ginger and some salt.  Shred chicken and reserve broth.
Boil bean thread noodles in broth.
Saute onions and garlic.  Add to bean thread noodles.  Add shredded chicken and 2 cans chicken broth and bouillon cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment