Wednesday, September 14, 2011

baked beef chimichangas










I figured these chimichangas would be good but they exceeded my expectations.  They were absolutely delicious, especially with my favorite green salsa.  I'll have to make sure I double my french dip recipe again the next time so I can make these again.  They're so easy to make with leftovers and the meat is so flavorful; it really makes these tasty!  The chimichangas freeze exceptionally well so you can thaw them the morning you'll need them and throw them in the oven for dinner.  Exactly what I need now that school has started and our afternoons are crazy!

baked beef chimichangas (yours truly)
batch of french dip
1 (4 ounce) can green chiles 
1 green onion, sliced
couple handfuls of shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 -1 cup red salsa (I used Pace Picante)
tortillas
extra salsa and sour cream for serving

I stored the leftover meat from our French dip in a gallon size zip lock bag so I added the green chiles, cheese, green onion and salsa to the bag and squished the bag to combine all the ingredients.  I took a tortilla and placed about a half cup of filling on the end of the tortilla and rolled it up and placed it on a greased cookie sheet.  I continued with the rest of the tortillas then baked them at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. hmmm..do you think leftover meat from radish slaw beef tacos would work too? I've been trying to figure out what to do with just a couple cups....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camie,
    I just made a Mexican themed dinner for our friends using several of your recipes and everything was a hit! I made these beef chimichangas, Leslie's chopped salad, Mexican spoon bread, and spicy brown rice. Thanks so much for posting all of your great recipes! It makes planning a nice meal super easy and fun! Laura H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really yummy! Glad you enjoyed the recipes!!

    ReplyDelete