Monday, August 29, 2011

oven roasted asparagus









I think asparagus might be one of my top three favorite vegetables and I always forget to pick it up at the grocery store.  This recipe is terrific and my husband and I polished it off without any help from the kids- they got to eat peas.  They'll always eat peas! 

oven roasted asparagus (allrecipes.com)
1 bunch thin asparagus spears, trimmed
3 tablespoons olive oil (I used 1 tablespoon)
1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice (I used a roasted lemon from our steak with olive salsa dish)

Preheat an oven to 425 degrees.  Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl and drizzle with the olive oil.  Toss to coat the spears then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.  Arrange the asparagus onto a baking sheet in a single layer.  Bake in the preheated oven until just tender 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness.  Sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment