Thursday, August 25, 2011

kamanu's salmon dish









This is the delicious salmon the Loos made for me for my birthday dinner last month.  It was soooo good and if you look at the ingredients, it's so simple- perfect!  My mouth is watering as I remember what it tasted like.  I wish I had picked up some salmon while I was at the grocery store today.

kamanu's salmon dish (an original Loo family recipe)
3 salmon boneless fillets (they get theirs at Costco)
3 large onions
Lawry's seasoned salt
2 tablespoons olive oil

Thaw 3 salmon fillets.  Sprinkle with Lawry's seasoned salt (coat pretty heavily).  Set aside.  Dice onions and place in olive oil in a heavy skillet that has a tight fitting lid.  Sprinkle onions with Lawry's seasoned salt.  Cook and stir until onions start to become transparent.  Slide onions to the side and slip a fillet into the skillet.    Push onions on top of salmon making space for another fillet.  Continue this process until all the fillets have been placed into the pan and onions are covering the fillets.  Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes then place on low for about 10 to 15 more minutes.  Salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork.  Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment