Friday, August 5, 2011

cherry coffee cake









My neighbor brought this cake to brunch this morning and it was absolutely delicious.  I don't know what else to say except I can't wait to make it myself as soon as I find a little gadget that takes the pits out of the cherries like the gadget she used.  I didn't know those existed!

cherry coffee cake (my neighbor Sarah found it at allrecipes.com)
1 1/2 cup cherries, pitted and halved (Sarah used more than that)
2 tablespoons flour
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Grease and lightly flour a 10" tube pan.  Place cherries in a bowl and tossgently with 2 tablespoons flour.  Set aside.
Stir together the flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a medium bowl.  Beat together the oil, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and milk until smooth in a large mixing bowl.  Stir in the flour mixture until smooth.  Fold in the cherries.  Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake in a preheated oven until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean, about 60 minutes.  Cool in pan 10 minutes then turn out onto a serving plate or wire rack.


1 comment:

  1. That cake was delicious and so was all of the great food you had. Thanks for having us!!

    ReplyDelete