Tuesday, August 30, 2011

blackberry cinnamon rolls











I'm almost shaking from excitement as I post this recipe for BLACKBERRY CINNAMON ROLLS.  They are sensational.  This could be the reason our family moved to Oregon.  If there's any one thing I love about Oregon is that this state will never run out of wild blackberries.  They are absolutely everywhere!

blackberry cinnamon rolls (my friend Lindsy K.)
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup milk
2 cups blackberries
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons sugar

Melt 1/2 cup butter in 10" round dish (I used a pie plate and placed it in the oven as it preheated at 350).  Heat sugar and water in a pan- dissolve.  Turn off heat.
Mix flour and baking powder.  Cut in 1/2 cup butter.  Add 1/3 cup milk.  Knead.
Roll out to an 11x9 rectangle- 1/4" thick.
Sprinkle cinnamon and berries on top and roll it up.
Cut into 1 1/2" slices.
Put into melted butter in round dish.
Pour sugar/water mixture over the rolls, getting in cracks.  (Yes, it looks like they're swimming in butter/sugar/water!).
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.  Sprinkle with sugar and bake 15 more minutes.  Enjoy!

What I have to say- I forgot to sprinkle them with sugar and bake for 15 more minutes but they were perfect anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment