Monday, August 15, 2011

kaluha pork

















I loved this pork so much that my friend Mandy brought some to me for my birthday one year.  She got the recipe from a Samoan friend of hers who has been in the catering business for years.  I either serve mine with steamed jasmine rice or on buns with some BBQ sauce.  Mandy has a great food blog at Gourmet Mom on the Go.


kaluha pork (my friend Mandy)
pork loin (I get a large 9 pound pork loin from Costco)
kosher salt
liquid smoke
banana leaves or plastic wrap
aluminum foil


Rub the pork with kosher salt and sprinkle with liquid smoke.  If you have banana leaves available, wrap them with the leaves.  Otherwise, plastic wrap works.  After wrapping in plastic wrap of leaves, wrap with aluminum foil.  Place in 9x13 cake pan or broiling pan and bake at 200 degrees overnight (10-12 hours).  Take out of oven and shred the pork- do not discard the liquid.


No comments:

Post a Comment