Monday, August 8, 2011

blueberry muffins

















The first week our family moved into our new home my visiting teacher brought me these freshly made blueberry muffins.  They were the most delicious blueberry muffins I'd ever tasted and my husband wholeheartedly agreed that they were indeed the best.  I begged for the recipe and to my delight Sis. Jesse delivered the recipe along with some blueberries so I can make them for my family (photos above are the muffins she brought us when we first moved in).  I was surprised to see they are made with half white flour and half whole wheat and are incredibly light.

blueberry muffins (Sis. Jesse)
1 cup flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Heat oven to 425 degrees.  Grease muffin pans.  Combine flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.  Combine melted butter and milk, eggs and vanilla.  Add to dry ingredients and stir just until well moistened.  Fold in blueberries.  Spoon batter into greased muffin pan.  Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.  Makes 12 muffins.

What I have to say- Sis. Alloah drizzled a glaze over the top of her muffins making them extra delicious.  She combined powdered sugar, lemon juice and a little milk until nice and smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment