Friday, March 25, 2011

white castle burger knock-offs









I had never seen a white castle burger joint until I lived in St. Louis. I had lived there for a few years before my curiosity got the best of me when my sister was in town. We drove through the drive-through and got some of the teeniest tiniest little burgers I'd ever seen. Of course I ordered one for each of us and we laughed and laughed about those burgers.  These taste just like them.

white castle burger knock-offs (adapted from blog: or so she says)
2 eggs
3 tablespoons or more dried onion flakes
4 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup bread crumbs
2 pounds lean ground beef
rolls (Rhodes frozen rolls, for example)

Heat oven to 375 F. Beat eggs in a medium bowl. Add the onions, milk, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Stir. Add the breadcrumbs, then mix in the ground beef. Use your hands to squish the ingredients into the meat. Press the meat mixture onto a sheet pan and bake about 25 minutes, more or less, until the meat is cooked through. Cut into squares and place on a soft roll. Dip in ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment