Sunday, March 6, 2011

salmon au poivre









Why is it that I often overlook the simplest recipes because I figure they're too simple to be fabulous? I've been making this salmon for years now and absolutely love it.

salmon au poivre (my friend Jamie from my days in St. Louis)
4 (4 ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 large garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper

Place the salmon in a shallow, snug-fitting dish; add the lemon juice, garlic and salt. Turn the salmon to coat both sides. Let stand 5 minutes.
Spread the pepper on a plate. Lightly press the salmon into the pepper, coating both sides. Spray a nonstick skillet or a nonstick-ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add the salmon and cook until it is just opaque in the center about 4 to 5 minutes on each side.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE checking out your blog! The pictures are always BEAUTIFUL! and the food makes my mouth water . . . even if I just ate :) This is soo your thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! Stop by anytime! I really need to check your blog for updates. I've been meaning to call you for some time now.

    ReplyDelete