Friday, March 4, 2011

lindsay's snickerdoodles









These are the best snickerdoodles I've ever made or eaten. Since I am not the best cookie maker (I think I've told you before) I decided to make these for a cookie swap one year since they always turn out. That means they taste great and look great. I had to send Lindsay an emergency email because I couldn't find my recipe the day I needed to make them. She came to the rescue and all was well. I made 9 dozen that Christmas.
My 3-year old rolled all the balls into the cinnamon and sugar this afternoon. She did a great job!

lindsay's snickerdoodles (slightly adapted from my friend Lindsay P.)
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.
Mix the two tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes.

What I have to say- I slightly adapted the recipe by changing the temperature. Lindsay bakes hers at 400 but I couldn't find the baking time on my recipe so I tried 375 and it seemed to work just fine! We made 3 dozen.




No comments:

Post a Comment