Wednesday, March 9, 2011

taste a rainbow cupcakes













St. Patrick's Day is approaching and I love holidays! I made these colorful cupcakes last year. I'd make them again this year but I have a few other fun recipes up my sleeve so maybe I'll pull this recipe out again next year. Got to keep my kiddos guessing.

taste a rainbow cupcakes (Family Fun Magazine, March 2010)
Prepare your favorite white cake mix, then divide the batter evenly among six small bowls. Following the accompanying guide, dye each bowl of batter a rainbow color.
Line muffin pan wells with baking cups. Evenly distribute the purple batter among the cups, then the blue, and so on, following the order shown. As you go, gently spread each layer of batter with the back of a spoon to cover the color underneath.
Bake the cupcakes according to your recipe directions. Before serving, remove the paper wrapping, and if you like, top each cupcake with a whipped-cream cloud.
Purple- 9 red and 6 blue drops
Blue- 12 drops
Green- 12 drops
Yellow- 12 drops
Orange- 12 yellow and 4 red drops
Red- 18 drops

What I have to say- I remember when I made these last year. My baby was hardly napping- he didn't start napping regularly and predictably until recently. I sacrificed my treasured nap time (all of 25 minutes) making these cupcakes. I wasn't sure it was worth it then but now that I look back, it was worth it!!! My memories of those really tough baby days are starting to fade...



No comments:

Post a Comment