Monday, October 31, 2011

pan fried chicken fingers with spicy dipping sauce










My kids gobbled them right up and I found myself snacking on the few left over so now I don't have any left for breakfast this morning.  Dang.

pan fried chicken fingers with spicy dipping sauce (Cooking Light, November 2010)
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon water
3 cups whole grain cereal, finely crushed (about 2 1/2 cups)
1 pound chicken breast tenders  (I prefer to slice large chicken breasts)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil


sauce
1/4 cup mayo
2 teaspoons Sriacha (I used garlic chile sauce)
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce

To prepare sauce, combine the mayo, Sriacha, lemon juice and soy sauce in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.  Cover and chill.
To prepare chicken, combine flour, black pepper and paprika.  Place flour  mixture in a shallow dish.
Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt.  Working with 1 piece at a time, dredge chicken in flour mixture.  Dip in egg mixture; dredge in cereal.  Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add oil to pan, swirling to coat.  Add chicken pieces to pan; cook on each side until done.  Serve immediately with sauce.


What I have to say- I've used Shredded Wheat and Grape Nuts and preferred the Shredded Wheat.  This time I used Panko and that was my very favorite.





1 comment:

  1. We made these a few weeks ago when I was looking for a quick recipe. They were a hit! Thanks for sharing. Laura H.

    ReplyDelete