Saturday, October 22, 2011

loaded breakfast casserole









Sometimes breakfast casseroles are fully loaded with carbs but not this one.  This is the way I want to start my day- protein packed!

loaded breakfast casserole (my friend Linsy posted this recipe at blog: Recipe Picnic)
12 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup flour
2 cups cottage cheese
2 teaspoons sugar (I omitted)
4 cups shredded cheese (I used Cheddar)
2 small cans diced green chiles
2 cups diced ham, sausage or bacon or a combination
1/2 cup butter

Beat eggs until yellow and frothy.  Mix in baking powder, sugar, flour and salt/pepper.  Mix in cottage cheese.  Add melted butter, chiles and ham.  Stir in cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until the top is lightly browned in 9x13 greased pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment